JUST SOME OF THE ADVENTURES WE WILL EXPERIENCE TOGETHER:
Enjoy the photos showcasing our 2017 adventure. (Please be patient, the album just takes a while to load!) and then scan down to check out the 2018 list of activities.
- We’ll open our week by participating in a traditional Awa ceremony. Awa (Kava Kava) is one of the foremost Polynesian healing and ceremonial plants. There is an old saying that there can be only love where Kava is present. It seems a fitting way to begin our journey, in the spirit of aloha.
- Yoga/Movement with Natalie. Wake up, stretch, and greet each day, Hawaiian style.
- Delight in a Hula performance ~ Hula is the sacred form of Hawaiian movement practiced by the local people. This powerful dance form tells a story and conveys a real depth of feeling.
- Kona Farm Tour
- Picnic Lunches
- Herbal Preparation Classes
- Visit to the Historic Pu’ukohola Heiau. This guided tour will take us to the Hawaiian Temple (Heiau) where the Hawaiian Kingdom traces its roots.
- Visit The City of Refuge ~ Pu`uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park, the site where, up until the early 19th century, Hawaiians who broke a kapu (one of the ancient laws against the gods) could avoid certain death by fleeing to this place of refuge or “pu`uhonua”.
- Free time in Kona Town for shopping/ sight seeing, people watching or sitting on the sea wall or under the huge banyan trees to watch the setting sun and the early stars.
- Beach time! We’ll have time to snorkel, boogie board if the waves are right, and/or just R & R on the beach.
- Talk Story’ with a local Hawaiian herbalist ~ The Hawaiian culture has developed over the millennium its own system of healing of which medicinal plants play an important part. We will talk story with a local Hawaiian herbalist and learn about native Hawaiian medicinals.
- Prepare offerings for our Pele Ceremony We will be making puolos (traditional offerings) for our sunrise ceremony at Kilauea Volcano, the home of Madam Pele’s.
- We’ll depart early for the Volcanoes National Park for a spiritual pilgrimage to the Kilauea caldera, the home of Madam Pele. The Volcano is honored by the Hawaiians as the home of the fire goddess Pele. This goddess has been giving birth continuously for the past twenty years as evidenced by hot flowing lava, and huge columns of steam visible to the human eye. The power of earth moved by Spirit is undeniable when in the presence of the volcano.
- Medicine Wheel Ceremony
- Spa Day at the Beach!
- Hike into Pololulu Valley. This unique black sand beach is a local favorite spot.
- Fabulous freshly prepared meals
- Social Awa Drinking
- Optional Activities ~ Horse Back Riding in the Kohala Mountains & 2-hour sail on the Riva, a 34’ island sloop. View the humpback whales and spinner dolphins up close along the pristine Kohala coast. (Additional fees)
Lokahi Garden Sanctuary
Dandelion Herbal Center
YOU CERTAINLY WON’T WANT TO MISS THE NEXT HAWAIIAN ADVENTURE: JAN 2018!